If we talk about carpeting tools, then there are many of them. Some of them are less important, but some of them are very important as without them, proper finishing can’t be given to the work. We are talking about the circular saws. Circular saws are one of the most important carpeting tools used by the carpenters for different wood cutting and finishing works. With the help of a circular saw, you will be able to give intricate cuts to the timbers and shape them as you desire. If you are using a circular saw, then you need to give less effort to the work as the saw will cut the timber in seconds.
There are two types of circular saws, corded and cordless. They have their advantages and disadvantages. It depends upon the users that which circular saw they prefer for their work. If there are preferring corded circular saw, then they have their pros and cons. If they are choosing cordless circular saws, then they have their own merits and demerits. All in all, we can say that they both have their advantages and disadvantages which depend upon their working domain. Let’s know more about these two circular saws.
What is a Corded Circular Saw?
A corded circular saw is a type of saw which works with a cord. The cord is connected to an electrical supply where the saw gets enough power to cut any type of material. You can also place heavy metals as well as thick wood planks under this tool and they will be cut down within minutes. A corded circular saw is user-friendly and its maintenance is also cheap. Large and heavy-duty blades are equipped in this saw which enables this machine to perform nicely. People prefer to use a corded circular saw as it can cut down anything efficiently.
Advantages of a Corded Circular Saw
There are certain advantages of the corded circular saw which you need to know. Here are some of them:
- One of the biggest advantages of the corded circular saw is that it is directly connected to the power supply, that’s why it is apt for heavy-duty. More strength is given to the tool as it is directly connected to the electricity and also the power remains constant throughout the work.
- Large blades are equipped in the corded circular saw and the approximate size of the blades is 7.2 inches. This is so because the machine can reach far from the saw axis and move fast. If you want to work continuously, then you must prefer a corded circular saw as this is a suitable tool for any project or carpeting work.
- There is no need for any replacement tool at all. If you are working with a corded circular saw, then you need not worry about replacement tools.
- If you want a hassle-free work, then you will prefer a corded circular saw. This machine is known for its superior performance. This machine is powerful and can perform any heavy task within a given space of time.
Disadvantages of Corded Circular Saw
There are some of the demerits of the corded circular tool which should be known to the users before they purchase the product and regret their decision. Here are some of them:
- As we all know that a corded circular saw is connected with electrical supply so its reach is limited. Users can’t extend for work in the vast space. It is impossible to take this machine everywhere.
- The limited working space is the biggest demerit of the corded circular saw.
- Another massive demerit of the corded circular saw is that it can’t work if there is no electricity. If you are working and suddenly the power supply is stopped, then you have to wait until the electricity comes.
What is a Cordless Circular Saw?
A cordless circular saw is another type of circular saw where there is no need for electricity. It works with the power of a Li-ion battery. The cordless circular saw is very much popular among the users and used frequently by the people involved in carpeting. The battery used in this machine is of high power and they are rechargeable. This means that users can use the machine and after their use, they can plug the battery for charging. The cordless circular saw is preferred for the congested places and people also use this machine for working in open also. You have nothing do to with the electricity as the machine is self-reliant.
Advantages of Cordless Circular Saw
As we have already seen the efficiency of the cordless circular saw, now we need to know some of the merits cum advantages of a cordless circular saw. Here are some of them:
- The cordless circular saw is highly convenient. If you are working with a cordless circular saw, then you need not wait for the electricity. You can work easily as this modern machine is driven by the powerful batteries equipped inside it.
- Another convenience of the cordless circular saw is that you can carry this machine easily from one place to another as it is light in weight.
- The blades of the cordless circular saw are not lethal. If you lose your balance while working, then you need to worry as you will be not hurt with this.
- You will remain safe while working with this machine as there is no problem like falling after tangling with the wire. The work is easy with the cordless circular saws.
- Working with a cordless circular saw is time-saving. There is nothing like connecting the cord to the electrical socket. You can directly switch on the power of the machine and start your work.
Disadvantages of Cordless Circular Saw
Now, you need to know some of the demerits of the cordless circular saw. These disadvantages are really bad and some of you might not like them as they may act as a hindrance to your project or carpeting task.
- As we all know that a cordless circular saw is operated with the help of Li-ion battery. The power of the battery is limited and hence the saw can work only for a limited time. You will only get some limited working hours with the cordless circular saws.
- The problem of recharging the battery is also considerable. You might have to search for the place where you can recharge the battery of the saw.
- Batteries are not much powerful and hence the limited power can be supplied to the cordless circular saws while working. So, with this, we can say that the cordless circular saw is not apt for big projects or massive carpeting works.
Where to Use Corded Circular saw?
Here we can use a corded circular saw as they are best for these purposes:
- You can use a corded circular saw for a big project.
- You can use this circular saw for cutting heavy metals and thick timber planks.
- This machine is known for the heavy-duty so you can perform any task with this machine without any effort.
- If you have a good electricity supply in your area, then you can use this machine.
- The large blades of the corded circular saws are enough intricate cuts in the planks.
- The electrical supply gives immense power to the machine with the help of which it can work powerfully and efficiently.
Where to Use Cordless Circular Saw?
Here we can use cordless circular saws:
- You can use cordless circular saws where there is a lack of electricity. The machine will work without any electrical supply.
- You can use this machine for small carpeting works.
- You can use this machine for household usage.
- For congested and small places, this machine is quite suitable.
- The powerful Li-ion batteries can give you quite good working hours.
- There is no problem like waiting for electricity and tangling yourself in the wire of the saw while working.
Which One is Right for You?
Well, it depends upon the users of the saw. If they have a good electricity supply and large projects awaited, then they can use corded circular saws. If they don’t have a good electricity supply and they have small tasks to do, then they can use cordless circular saws for the work.
You can choose any of the two saws just by considering your capability. You need to ensure which one you will be able to use efficiently for your work. After getting complete surety, you can select between corded and cordless circular saws.
You love to check : Best Hybrid Table Saw 2020
Both the machines are good at their work, but they have their pros and cons. We need not buy without checking our arrangements as we might repent on your decision. First of all, we have to know the amount of work and then we have to decide which one we have to buy. For large projects, corded circular saws are quite suitable and for small works, you can go with cordless circular saws. In both the condition, you will get better options in the market.